If you have a personal injury case, then talking to a personal injury lawyer in Peoria, AZ is a great way to know what you should and should not do. Just like with any case, they’re going to be some do’s and don’ts to make sure that your case goes as smoothly as possible. Knowing what to do and what not to do is also a great way to prepare for legal representation and it helps you avoid any key mishaps that could happen.
If you aren’t sure what you should and should not do when it comes to a personal injury case, read below to see what useful advice is there.
What Are The Do’s and Don’t’s of Personal Injury Cases?
If you’re going to file an injury claim, these are the most important tips that you can do to make sure that you get the best chance to get the most favorable outcome of your case.
- Do everything you can to get well. What this means is you are going to follow your doctor’s advice and keep going to appointments and following the treatment recommendations. This means that you shouldn’t push yourself and do what you can to help the healing process go smoothly as possible.
- Keep your lawyer informed of your medical treatment and the names of your doctors. While you don’t need to report every doctor visit, you need to let your lawyer know how you are doing and if there are any significant changes to your health. This allows your lawyer to keep a detailed list of whom to contact if needed during your case.
- Be honest with your doctors. One of the most important things is to be honest with your doctors and not try to get more compensation later. The insurance company representing the person who caused her injury will argue that the failure to report a complaint or condition means that it doesn’t exist. Or they can argue that you are lying about your condition and your case can be dismissed that they figure out that is true.
Just like there are some things that you need to do, there is also a list of don’ts. Here are the most common things you should avoid in a personal injury case.
- Do not discuss your claim or give statements to the insurance company representatives. You should not discuss your case or give any statements without your lawyer present. Remember, the insurance company is not your friend and they’re going to do everything in their power to give you a cheaper settlement.
- Don’t post on social media. Keep your personal injury claim off social media and try to make sure no one else talks about it. Information can and will be used against you to prove your injuries aren’t as severe as they may seem.
If you follow the list of do’s and don’ts than your lawyer is going to have an easier time helping you figure personal injury case. If you have any more questions about what a personal injury lawyer in Peoria, AZ can do for you and don’t hesitate to reach out to Saavedra Law Firm, PLC for more information.