Phoenix, AZ (August 26, 2022) – Officials said a man sustained extremely critical injuries, and five more, including a pregnant woman, were also injured following a collision on Wednesday, August 24th in Phoenix.
The incident took place in the area of McDowell Road and 32nd Street when, according to firefighters, a multi-vehicle crash caused an SUV to overturn, trapping one person inside.
A 30-year-old man was transported to a regional trauma center in extremely critical condition. A pregnant woman was also taken to a local hospital in stable condition. Four additional people received non-critical injuries.
Four vehicles were heavily damaged in the impact. One SUV was upside down beside a city bus. Three other vehicles had front-end damage.
The cause of the accident remains undetermined.
Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Vehicle Crashes in Arizona
If the victim of an Arizona traffic collision dies from their injuries, the legal landscape surrounding your case has now shifted in such a way that you are eligible to bring a claim of wrongful death against the at-fault party.
When successful, these claims can potentially produce damage awards that provide financial compensation to the victim’s surviving relatives for:
- Medical costs/Hospital bills
- Funeral and burial expenses/Cremation costs
- Lost earnings the deceased would have contributed to the household
- Loss of companionship
Even when an accident is not fatal, some forms of compensation victims are often eligible for include:
- Medical Costs: Medical costs multiply incredibly fast after a serious vehicle crash in Arizona, particularly when you take into consideration the fact that the injuries most frequently caused by car accidents include whiplash, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Lost Earnings: If you sustained considerable injuries, it could be the case that you will not be able to physically return to work for a significant period of time. This will make your financial situation more trying as your medical bills continue to accumulate.
- Damage to Property: If your car, truck, or another piece of personal property is damaged or destroyed, such as the new computer you had in the trunk, you could be able to secure restitution for the expenses associated with repairs, replacements, vehicle rental while yours is being fixed, or, if it was totaled, the cost of a new car.
- Pain and Suffering: These are immaterial damages without a fixed dollar amount resulting from your injuries that directly impact your enjoyment and quality of life.
If you sustained injuries in a road accident, you should seek the immediate advice of an Arizona personal injury lawyer from Saavedra Law to determine what types of financial compensation you might be entitled to and from whom.
If your loved one was killed in a motor vehicle accident, reach out to our Arizona personal injury lawyers at (602) 753-8917 to schedule a no-obligation case review with a member of our legal team as soon as possible.
Note: Our writer used outside sources in the creation of this post. These sources include local news reports, local and state police incident reports, social media outlets, and eyewitness accounts about serious injury accidents that take place in Arizona. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident. If you find any information that is not correct, contact Saavedra Law Firm, PLC as soon as possible so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. None of the information in this post is intended to be medical or legal advice. If you have been injured in an accident, seek the help of a medical professional. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.