Sunflower, AZ (June 28, 2022) – On Sunday, June 26th, two people were killed and another sustained serious injuries during a rollover accident in Sunflower.
According to sources, the deadly crash occurred at about 6:00 p.m. on State Route 87 near mile marker 219 traffic collision took place at about 6 p.m. on SR-87 at milepost 219, between Payson and Fort McDowell.
An investigation determined that a vehicle overturned in the southbound lanes of the highway, outside of the ghost town of Sunflower. The car ended up in a nearby creek.
Two people died and one person was injured as a result of the accident, the cause of which remains unknown.
It is unclear if impairment was a factor in the crash.
An investigation is ongoing.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the families of the deceased victims at this time. Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family in hopes of a full recovery.
Traffic Collisions in Arizona
If the victim of an Arizona traffic collision dies from their injuries, the legal landscape surrounding your case has now shifted in such a way that you are eligible to bring a claim of wrongful death against the at-fault party. When successful, these claims can potentially produce damage awards that provide financial compensation to the victim’s surviving relatives for:
- Medical costs/Hospital bills
- Funeral and burial expenses/Cremation costs
- Lost earnings the deceased would have contributed to the household
- Loss of companionship
If you sustained injuries in a road accident, you should seek the immediate advice of an Arizona personal injury lawyer to determine what types of financial compensation you might be entitled to and from whom.
Some examples of typical forms of compensation include:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses add up fast following a serious car crash in Arizona, especially when you take into account the fact that the injuries most often caused by these accidents include traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and whiplash.
- Property Damage: If your truck, car, or some other piece of personal property is destroyed or damaged, such as the new laptop you had in the trunk, you could be able to secure restitution for the expenses associated with repairs, replacements, vehicle rental while yours is being fixed, or, if it was totaled, the cost of a new car.
- Lost Wages: If you sustained considerable injuries, it could be the case that you will not be able to physically return to work for a significant period of time. This will make your financial situation exceptionally trying as your medical bills continue to accumulate.
- Pain and Suffering: These are immaterial damages without a fixed dollar amount resulting from your injuries that directly impact your quality and enjoyment of life.
If your loved one was killed in a motor vehicle accident, reach out to our Arizona personal injury lawyers at (602) 753-8917 to schedule a no-obligation case review with a member of the legal team at Saavedra Law as soon as possible.
Note: Our writer used outside sources in the creation of this post. These sources include local news reports, local and state police incident reports, social media outlets, and eyewitness accounts about serious injury accidents that take place in Arizona. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident. If you find any information that is not correct, contact Saavedra Law Firm, PLC as soon as possible so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. None of the information in this post is intended to be medical or legal advice. If you have been injured in an accident, seek the help of a medical professional. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.