Wrongful Death Lawyer Glendale, AZ
Are you looking for a wrongful death lawyer in Glendale, AZ? The unexpected death of a family member can be a debilitating experience. Saavedra Law Firm is here to help in every way we can. Continue reading to learn what options you have available to you.
What constitutes wrongful death?
- When a person dies because of another individual’s negligence or intentional action, it may be considered a wrongful death. If the victim could have filed a personal injury claim against the individual responsible for his or her death, it could be considered a wrongful death.
Who can file a wrongful death claim?
- In Arizona, you are eligible to be a plaintiff in a wrongful death case if you have any of the following relations to the deceased:
- a surviving spouse
- a surviving child
- a surviving parent or guardian
- a personal representative of any of the above (such as an executor if the victim had a will)
- a personal representative of the estate
- If the only surviving relatives to the deceased are distant relatives, the court may approve their filing.
- If multiple suits for the same wrongful death are being brought by separate parties, the court will often choose to consolidate the lawsuits.
How do I file a wrongful death suit?
- Start the process within the first two years after the death of your relative.
- Find a wrongful death lawyer Glendale, AZ. A good lawyer can significantly help surviving relatives deal with the legal processes involved after a loved one’s death. Such lawyers can look into the circumstances surrounding the death, determine liability, and give legal advice as you take the case to court.
- For a successful case, there will often need to be evidence shown to prove that an agreed-upon duty was not fulfilled and led to the death, or that the surviving relatives have suffered—monetarily or otherwise. This will allow the court to better know how to compensate the plaintiff in damages.
Why file a wrongful death suit?
- To file a wrongful death suit is to avoid further suffering in the family. The loss of a relative can be an incredibly trying experience as the loss of that loved one’s support can cause irreversible and continual damage. Recovering damages can help the surviving family members cope with the tragedy. Such damages may include…
- Funeral expenses
- Financial losses, including income and benefits
- Medical expenses
- Practical assistance in daily living
- Emotional loss, such as compassion, affection, and companionship
Wrongful deaths are never anticipated, but we are prepared to help you through them. Attaining an experienced lawyer who has successfully navigated wrongful death cases can not only give you a better chance at securing the damages necessary to recover from your loss, but also to lighten your stress load as you go throughout the process. Allow us to help you and your family during this challenging time: To get started, schedule a consultation with Saavedra Law Firm at 602-753-8917 to meet with a wrongful death lawyer in Glendale, AZ.