Slip and Fall Lawyer Peoria, AZ
If you suffered a slip and fall accident, you should get in touch with a slip and fall lawyer Peoria, AZ residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can occur in a variety of different settings and are typically caused by negligence. Here are some common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Wet Floors: A high percentage of slip and fall accidents result from wet floors. For example, if you walk over spilled milk in a grocery store, you’re in danger of slipping and falling. In this situation, the grocery store manager or owner would be held liable for your injuries.
- Uneven Surfaces: If you walk over uneven surfaces, such as torn carpeting or cluttered floors, you can lose your balance and suffer a slip and fall accident.
- Poor Lighting: Slip and fall accidents are more likely to occur if you can’t see where you’re going. Property owners are responsible for keeping walking areas properly lit so that these accidents don’t happen.
- Icy Sidewalks: When there’s ice on the ground, you can suffer a slip and fall accident. Property owners are responsible for putting salt on their sidewalks to reduce the risk of these accidents.
Common Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can result in minor to severe injuries. Here are the most common injuries a slip and fall lawyer in Peoria, AZ sees:
- Broken Bones: If you suffer a slip and fall accident, you’re in danger of breaking bones in your wrists, hips or ankles. If you break a bone in more than one spot, you may require surgery.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: If you hit your head on the ground during a slip and fall accident, you can suffer a traumatic brain injury. Signs of a traumatic brain injury include headaches, loss of consciousness, fatigue and problems with speech. Severe brain injuries can affect you for the rest of your life.
- Sprained Ankles: During a slip and fall accident, you may take an uneven step and sprain your ankle. Although it’s not a life-threatening injury, it can prevent you from doing normal everyday activities.
- Cuts: If you get into a slip and fall accident, you can also suffer cuts. If they’re not treated promptly, they can lead to infection and scarring.
Schedule a consultation with a slip and fall lawyer in Peoria, AZ.