Phoenix, AZ (June 14, 2022) – Phoenix police were dispatched to the scene of a fatal two-vehicle rollover on the morning of Monday, June 13th.
The incident took place in the area of Northern Avenue and 43rd Avenue in the West Valley.
33-year-old Adele Adwar Murad was in the car that overturned and has since died from her injuries.
A police investigation determined that another driver ran a red light as Murad was attempting to make a lefthand turn, causing the two vehicles to collide.
The driver of the striking vehicle was transported to a nearby hospital in unknown condition but is expected to survive.
Police said that impairment does not appear to be a factor in the incident.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim, Ms. Adele Adwar Murad, at this time.
Traffic Collisions in Arizona
If the victim of an Arizona traffic collision dies from their injuries, the legal landscape surrounding your case has now shifted in such a way that you are eligible to bring a claim of wrongful death against the at-fault party. When successful, these claims can potentially produce damage awards that provide financial compensation to the victim’s surviving relatives for:
- Medical costs/Hospital bills
- Funeral and burial expenses/Cremation costs
- Lost earnings the deceased would have contributed to the household
- Loss of companionship
If you sustained injuries in a road accident, you should seek the immediate advice of an Arizona personal injury lawyer to determine what types of financial compensation you might be entitled to and from whom.
Some examples of typical forms of compensation include:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses add up fast following a serious car crash in Arizona, especially when you take into account the fact that the injuries most often caused by these accidents include traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and whiplash.
- Property Damage: If your truck, car, or some other piece of personal property is destroyed or damaged, such as the new laptop you had in the trunk, you could be able to secure restitution for the expenses associated with repairs, replacements, vehicle rental while yours is being fixed, or, if it was totaled, the cost of a new car.
- Lost Wages: If you sustained considerable injuries, it could be the case that you will not be able to physically return to work for a significant period of time. This will make your financial situation exceptionally trying as your medical bills continue to accumulate.
- Pain and Suffering: These are immaterial damages without a fixed dollar amount resulting from your injuries that directly impact your quality and enjoyment of life.
If your loved one was killed in a motor vehicle accident, reach out to our Arizona personal injury lawyers at (602) 753-8917 to schedule a no-obligation case review with a member of our legal team as soon as possible.
Note: Our writer used outside sources in the creation of this post. These sources include local news reports, local and state police incident reports, social media outlets, and eyewitness accounts about serious injury accidents that take place in Arizona. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident. If you find any information that is not correct, contact Saavedra Law Firm, PLC as soon as possible so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post upon request.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. None of the information in this post is intended to be medical or legal advice. If you have been injured in an accident, seek the help of a medical professional. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.