Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Pheonix, AZ
When it comes to a motorcycle there are a million different things to worry about and the one you are least likely to do is if you need a motorcycle cycle accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ. No one gets on a motorcycle and thinks that they will ever need to worry about a lawyer. However, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) motorcycle riders are 26 times more likely to die in a traffic collision than a passenger vehicle.
When dealing with the idea of finding the right lawyer for you, you can rest assured that you are in good hands with Saavedra Law Firm, PLC. Our lawyers have the expertise to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Motorcycle Injuries
No matter what, an accident can be catastrophic in many cases. Any part of the body can be hurting during a motorcycle crash. There are plenty of injuries that you can get in an accident, but according to the NHTSA, the most impacting injuries are sustained when the point of impact is the front of the motorcycle. Here are some of the most common injuries suffered by many motorcycle riders:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – It is no shock that a helmet is going to lower your risk of a traumatic brain injury. In a study of 104,472 motorcycle riders conducted by NHTSA, 15 percent of helmeted and 21 percent of unhelmeted riders suffered a TBI. A traumatic brain injury accounted for over 50 percent of riders in this group not surviving.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Having your spine injured from the impact of a collision can turn your life upside down. In many cases, this type of injury can result in paralysis, either paraplegia or quadriplegia, and is a permanent disability.
- Lower Extremity Injuries – Lower extremity means anything below the waist. Most often this is to the rider’s legs. Leg injure are the most common form of lower extremity injury that is faced. This can include bone factors, bone-breaking, and soft-tissue injures.
- Internal Injuries – This is done when there is damage to the internal organs. Often this causes internal bleeding that is caused by blunt-force trauma or penetration trauma. This is a life-threatening injury that could prove to be fatal if not caught and treated.
- Fractures – Unlike a passenger vehicle, motorcycles are not stable upright. They can easily fall over on accident causing injury to the rider. When there is a crash most often the wrists or arms can be fractured when the rider tries to catch themselves to break the fall. Not only that the motorcycle itself is often heavy, and can land on bones breaking them.
- Rode Rash – This happens when the rider makes contact with the rode surface on their skin. The severity is going to range from mild to serious as all areas are susceptible to serious infects and permanent scarring.
If you have been in an accident you may need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Pheonix Arizona. Don’t hesitate to call today to see what we here at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC can do for you and help you get the compensation you need.