Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Pheonix, AZ
When it comes to a motorcycle there are a million different things to worry about and the one you are least likely to do is if you need a motorcycle cycle accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ. No one gets on a motorcycle and thinks that they will ever need to worry about a lawyer. However, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) motorcycle riders are 26 times more likely to die in a traffic collision than a passenger vehicle.
When dealing with the idea of finding the right lawyer for you, you can rest assured that you are in good hands with Saavedra Law Firm, PLC. Our lawyers have the expertise to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Motorcycle Injuries
No matter what, an accident can be catastrophic in many cases. Any part of the body can be hurting during a motorcycle crash. There are plenty of injuries that you can get in an accident, but according to the NHTSA, the most impacting injuries are sustained when the point of impact is the front of the motorcycle. Here are some of the most common injuries suffered by many motorcycle riders:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – It is no shock that a helmet is going to lower your risk of a traumatic brain injury. In a study of 104,472 motorcycle riders conducted by NHTSA, 15 percent of helmeted and 21 percent of unhelmeted riders suffered a TBI. A traumatic brain injury accounted for over 50 percent of riders in this group not surviving.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Having your spine injured from the impact of a collision can turn your life upside down. In many cases, this type of injury can result in paralysis, either paraplegia or quadriplegia, and is a permanent disability.
- Lower Extremity Injuries – Lower extremity means anything below the waist. Most often this is to the rider’s legs. Leg injure are the most common form of lower extremity injury that is faced. This can include bone factors, bone-breaking, and soft-tissue injures.
- Internal Injuries – This is done when there is damage to the internal organs. Often this causes internal bleeding that is caused by blunt-force trauma or penetration trauma. This is a life-threatening injury that could prove to be fatal if not caught and treated.
- Fractures – Unlike a passenger vehicle, motorcycles are not stable upright. They can easily fall over on accident causing injury to the rider. When there is a crash most often the wrists or arms can be fractured when the rider tries to catch themselves to break the fall. Not only that the motorcycle itself is often heavy, and can land on bones breaking them.
- Rode Rash – This happens when the rider makes contact with the rode surface on their skin. The severity is going to range from mild to serious as all areas are susceptible to serious infects and permanent scarring.
If you have been in an accident you may need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Pheonix Arizona. Don’t hesitate to call today to see what we here at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC can do for you and help you get the compensation you need.
When spring rolls around you want to get out your motorcycle and cruise, you may not be thinking that you may need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ. Road hazards are a common cause of motorcycle accidents. There are many dangers that you might not even think of at the time, but they can pose a real danger to a rider. If a biker is injured in a road hazard accident it comes down to negligence law and you could get compensation.
Here at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC we strive to help those who have suffered a serious motorcycle accident and need help getting back on their feet.
5 Most Common Road Hazards for Motorcycles
If you’ve ever driven a car you may not think about how dangerous the road can be for a motorcyclist. You may have even switched to riding a motorcycle and not think of how many things can trigger an accident. Some of the most common hazards that lead to accidents are surprising. Here are the top five to consider and to look out for when on the road.
- Rough Roads – You may not even think about how the roughness of the road can hurt your ride. Rough and bumpy roads from disrepair, construction, or even resurfacing efforts can make for a dangerous motorcycle ride. Even grooves in the pavement can be problematic as horizontal grooves can make it difficult to keep your tires aligned.
- Gravel – One of the trickiest hazards to maneuver for a motorcyclist is gravel. It is even more difficult when cornering, which happens to be popular with many bikers. These types of roads are often on more winding roads which tend to be popular as they make great scenic routes. However, accidents caused by gravel go hand in hand with bikers who are going too fast and don’t have the skill to handle a bike in such conditions
- Slick Surfaces – In a passenger car, you may not think of the small things that can make a road slippery. On a motorcycle though, the list of objects that make surfaces slippery is a long one. Some of the most common reasons for a motorcyclist to slip are leaves, crosswalk lines, tracks, painted surfaces, and anti-freeze or oil on the road. To make matters more difficult rain is also on the list. The first rain on a dry road is difficult to drive on but the mud and oil combined with water make a slippery road.
- Debris on Road – Anything can fall into the road and make it hazardous for anyone driving. The list of things that could cause a crash is endless but they are far more hazardous to motorcycles than cars. While a car may not think rocks or even branches are something to worry about, a motorcycle has to.
- Railway Tracks – Motorcycle tires can get caught in a railway track and cause an accident. Some have metal or wood between the tracks which can be slippery when wet. For an unsuspecting rider, this can cause the bike to get stuck or slip and cause an accident.
If you have suffered a motorcycle accident and are looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer in Pheonix, Arizona then don’t hesitate to reach out today. We at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC understand how life-altering an accident can be and strive to help you get the compensation you deserve.