Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Phoenix, AZ
When spring rolls around you want to get out your motorcycle and cruise, you may not be thinking that you may need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ. Road hazards are a common cause of motorcycle accidents. There are many dangers that you might not even think of at the time, but they can pose a real danger to a rider. If a biker is injured in a road hazard accident it comes down to negligence law and you could get compensation.
Here at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC we strive to help those who have suffered a serious motorcycle accident and need help getting back on their feet.
5 Most Common Road Hazards for Motorcycles
If you’ve ever driven a car you may not think about how dangerous the road can be for a motorcyclist. You may have even switched to riding a motorcycle and not think of how many things can trigger an accident. Some of the most common hazards that lead to accidents are surprising. Here are the top five to consider and to look out for when on the road.
- Rough Roads – You may not even think about how the roughness of the road can hurt your ride. Rough and bumpy roads from disrepair, construction, or even resurfacing efforts can make for a dangerous motorcycle ride. Even grooves in the pavement can be problematic as horizontal grooves can make it difficult to keep your tires aligned.
- Gravel – One of the trickiest hazards to maneuver for a motorcyclist is gravel. It is even more difficult when cornering, which happens to be popular with many bikers. These types of roads are often on more winding roads which tend to be popular as they make great scenic routes. However, accidents caused by gravel go hand in hand with bikers who are going too fast and don’t have the skill to handle a bike in such conditions
- Slick Surfaces – In a passenger car, you may not think of the small things that can make a road slippery. On a motorcycle though, the list of objects that make surfaces slippery is a long one. Some of the most common reasons for a motorcyclist to slip are leaves, crosswalk lines, tracks, painted surfaces, and anti-freeze or oil on the road. To make matters more difficult rain is also on the list. The first rain on a dry road is difficult to drive on but the mud and oil combined with water make a slippery road.
- Debris on Road – Anything can fall into the road and make it hazardous for anyone driving. The list of things that could cause a crash is endless but they are far more hazardous to motorcycles than cars. While a car may not think rocks or even branches are something to worry about, a motorcycle has to.
- Railway Tracks – Motorcycle tires can get caught in a railway track and cause an accident. Some have metal or wood between the tracks which can be slippery when wet. For an unsuspecting rider, this can cause the bike to get stuck or slip and cause an accident.
If you have suffered a motorcycle accident and are looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer in Pheonix, Arizona then don’t hesitate to reach out today. We at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC understand how life-altering an accident can be and strive to help you get the compensation you deserve.