Big Rig Crash Lawyer Phoenix, AZ
With more than 2 million big rigs operating on the road in the United States, you may be one of the unlucky few that need a big rig crash lawyer in Phoenix, AZ. If you have been in an accident with a big rig then you know just how unlucky you are and how damaging it can be to your life. The worst part, you may not even know that a lawyer is a good idea when facing this kind of accident.
Here at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC we strive to help those who have been in big rig accidents get the compensation they deserve and keep from being bullied by big rig insurance companies.
The Difference Between Car Accidents and Truck Accidents
Most big rigs on the road today are around 80,000 pounds which is twenty times the weight of a passenger car. Despite the numerous regulations that exist to ensure truck drivers do not drive more than ten hours a day to lessen fatigue, they are often given financial incentives to travel longer. This can greatly impact not only their safety but your safety as well. As you may be aware driving when tired is just as bad as driving while intoxicated.
The key difference between a car accident and a big rig accident are as follows:
- Larger Insurance Policies – Truck drivers have insurance policies that are up to fifty times larger than car accident policies. This can add up to be into the millions quickly when you have a large company. This means that there is going to be a lawsuit to make sure the big rig driver wasn’t liable. These lawyers on the big rig insurance company side will do everything in their power to make sure they don’t have to pay more than they have to.
- Increased Property Damage – This shouldn’t be a shock, as mentioned a big rig weighs more than a passenger car. This means that any surrounding property is going to be affected more than when two cars crash.
- More Serious Injuries – A crash with a big rig is more likely to cause more serious injuries than when two cars collide. This is mostly due to the size of a big rig and the speed that it collides into you with. This can mean serious medical care and that care comes with hefty medical bills. Often big rig injures are life-changing.
- Larger Medical Bills – As stated above the injuries that you can be faced with are often more serious and require more medical attention. Often this means that you won’t be able to work for far longer and lose wages.
- Greater Chance of Death – An accident with a big rig is more likely to cause death than when two cars collide. This is due to the size of the big rig and the weight behind it. There are somewhere between 3,000 to 5,000 deaths per year due to big rig accidents.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a big rig accident don’t hesitate to reach out to a big rig accident lawyer in Pheonix Arizona. You can trust that when you enter our doors at Saavedra Law Firm, PLC you are in good hands who want to do everything possible to help you.